The TNO-3050T with a fixed 35mm lens is able to detect vehicles at a distance of up to 4,472m and people at 1,750m, whilst the Wisenet TNO-3040T has a fixed 19mm lens and detects vehicles at up to 2,428m and people at 950m.
Hanwha Techwin has strengthened its ‘affordable’ Wisenet QVGA resolution thermal camera range with the introduction of two medium distance models designed to help provide perimeter protection of large open sites.
The 2 new IK10/IP66 rated vandal-resistant and weatherproof thermal cameras, which complement existing thermal models within the Wisenet T series, capture images at up to 320 x 240 resolution.
A temperature detection feature triggers an alert if there is a rapid, significant change in temperature, with operators able to define up to 3 ‘regions of interest’ within a camera’s field of view. The cameras are also equipped with a suite of video analytics which includes enter/exit, appear/disappear, direction, virtual line, loitering, shock and tamper detection. When operating in complete darkness, the effectiveness of the cameras is further enhanced by audio analysis functionality, which recognises critical sounds such as gunshots, explosions, screams and broken glass.
The open platform cameras are also able to support third-party video analytics applications, such as the edge-based intruder detection application developed by Hanwha Techwin’s technology partner, A.I Tech.
- Operating temperature of -40°C ~ +60°C.
- IP66, IK10 and NEMA4X rated for protection against water, dust and mechanical impact.
- Digital Image Stabilisation (DIS) with built-in Gyro sensors which comes into effect when a camera is disturbed by wind or vibrations. This delivers more stable images, whilst also compensating for roller shutter effects.
- A Hallway view feature enables users to monitor tall and narrow spaces more effectively in 3:4 or 9:16 aspect ratios.
- Support for H.265, H.264 and MJPEG compression formats, as well as WiseStream II, a complementary compression technology which improves bandwidth efficiency by up to 75% compared to current H.264 technology, when combined with H.265 compression.
- Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC slot which allows up to 256GB of video or data to be stored at the edge should there be disruption to the network.
- PoE which negates the need to install a power supply and reduces cabling requirements.
Unlike traditional cameras which rely on light to see images, thermal cameras pick up heat signatures of objects and are unaffected by extreme conditions, such as complete darkness, harsh weather, bright lights, fog and smoke. They also offer an effective solution for applications where there are concerns about light pollution.