Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has launched “TLP4590A,” a 1-Form-B (normally closed) photorelay in a DIP6 package featuring an industry-leading 1.2A increased ON-state current rating and a 60V OFF-state output terminal voltage rating. Volume shipments start today.
The ON-state current rating of 1.2A is the highest in the industry, 140% higher than Toshiba's current product, TLP4176A. The maximum operating temperature rating of 110℃ facilitates easy achievement of designs with the temperature margins required for application in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), security systems, and building automation system equipment, where many 1-Form-B relays are used. TLP4590A also features an isolation voltage (min.) of 5,000Vrms, allowing it to be used in equipment that requires high insulation performance.
 For photorelays (1-Form-B) where OFF-state output terminal voltage rating is 60V, according to a survey by Toshiba (as of May 11, 2021).
 2.54SOP4 package
- Security systems
- Building automation systems
- Industrial equipment (Programmable logic controllers, I/O interface and various sensor control, etc.)
- Replacement of mechanical relays
- Industry’s highest ON-state current rating: ION=1.2A
- Small package: DIP6
- High operating temperature rating: Topr(max)=110℃